|You are here:
Ions in Traps > Lab projects (Projektpraktika) >
Lab Projects (Projektpraktika)
- Spectroscopy of Solar Corona Magnesium Ions in an Electron Beam Ion Trap
The vacuum ultraviolet emission spectra of highly charged magnesium ions from q=4+ to q=19+ will be recorded using an existing spectrometer at the Heidelberg Electron Beam Ion Trap.
- Dielectronic Resonances of Iron Ions in the Temperature Range 200000 K-500000 K
Highly charged Fe ions recombining with electrons will be investigated and their dielectronic resonances recorded using a technique combining mass selective ion extraction and photon spectroscopy.
- Lifetime Determination of Long-Lived Metastable Ions in the Vacuum Ultraviolet Region
A fast detector for vacuum ultraviolet radiation will be used to study the time evolution of metastable states.
- Simulation of the Time-dependent Dynamics of Trapped Highly Charged Ions
Kinetic simulations of trapped highly charged ions moving inside a negative charge distribution within a strong magnetic field will be used to model the time-dependent spatial distribution of trapped ions in different charge states in dependence of their ┤kinetic temperature.
- Lamb-shift Determination of the Lithium-like 2p3/2-2s1/2 X-ray transitions in Highly Charged Ions
A high precision crystal spectrometer will be utilized to accurately measure the Lamb shift in highly charged lithium-like ions such as Bi80+.
- Measurements of Charge-Exchange Processes in Solar Wind Ions Interacting with Neutrals
With an existing apparatus, photons emitted after interactions of highly charged ions with neutrals will be recorded and analyzed.
- Implementation of a Laser Ion Source with Quadrupole Deflector
Low-charged ions from a laser-ablation ions source will be guided by means of a quadrupole deflector to a target and time-of-flight measurements carried out.
- Development of Analysis Software for Data Reduction of Energy-Resolved Two-Dimensional Spectral Maps
Two-dimensional photon data histograms are normally analyzed by interactive selection of regions of interest. Task: Automatizing this process by software pattern analysis.
|[ Top of page ]