My research interests include:
- Fundamental light-matter interaction
- Attosecond processes in photoionization
- High-repetition rate high-order harmonic generation
- Optical parametric amplifiers
- (Ultra-)short pulse generation, characterisation and manipulation
Direct observation of ultrafast electron motion in atomic or molecular systems is an aspect of fundamental physics and is achievable thanks to the generation of attosecond pulses in the XUV spectral range. A key advantage of attosecond pulse trains over isolated attosecond pulses is their high spectral resolution, while high temporal resolution is still retained.
My aim is to investigate photoionization in atoms and molecules using attosecond pulse trains. Currently, I am interested in continuum-continuum transitions near the ionization threshold.