Free access to all databases is only available from within the IP-Range of the MPIK or via VPN!
The Citation Linker will offer you MPG/SFX Services that are available for a specific article, journal or book, including links to the full text and other relevant resources..
Explore top high-impact journals with powerful tools such as cited reference searching and Author Finder. 256 categories thoroughly cover the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED)--1900-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)--1956-present
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)--1975-present
Scopus from Elsevier is a new multidisciplinary database including citation searching and therefore a competitor to Web of Science from Thomson Reuters. Please find extensive documentation by Elsevier: info.scopus.com
Advantage of Scopus
- new database design providing high performance in searching and sorting of large answer sets
- extensive coverage of journals, technical reports, conference papers, non-English literature.
- author identifier - Scopus tries to keep track of all name variants of an author and his afilliations
- affiliation identifier - Scopus tries to keep track off all names of an institution and its branches
- abstracts of older literature are included
- online resources are covered
Drawback of Scopus
- references starting in the year 1996, direct comparison of citation values from Web of Science to Scopus are very sensitive to correct time limits
- Scopus coverage of older literature depends strongly on the scientific field
Search dissertationsworldwide. It is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses. It is the database of record for graduate research, with over 2.3 million dissertations and theses included from around the world. More than 925.000 dissertations and thesis are available for download in PDF format.
SpringerMaterials is based on the Landolt-Börnstein New Series, the unique, fully evaluated data collection in all areas of physical sciences and engineering. This new one-stop web platform became available October 14, 2009.
It is a systematic & comprehensive resource of selected and critically assessed data explained in their scientific context.