Master and bachelor theses
These pages provide the currently offered master and bachelor theses by the "Stored and Cooled Ions Division".
Who is interested in
- writing a thesis about exciting precision experiments with single stored ions?
- contributing to molecular astrochemistry studies with stored molecular ions?
- working in a young and international team at Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics?
- having active cooperation with other working groups?
- performing experiments in international collaborations at the European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN/Geneva or at GSI/Darmstadt?
- participating in international summer schools and conferences…?
We are offering master and bachelor theses in the working group "Stored and Cooled Ions". The group is developing new and unique trap experiments at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics (MPIK) at Heidelberg. Many experiments are performed in international collaborations including big research facilities like CERN and GSI . The work concerns the ion trap experiments PENTATRAP (MPIK), ISOLTRAP (CERN), SHIPTRAP (GSI) and TRIGATRAP (Mainz) as well as a high precision experiment for the mass difference determination of 3H and 3He (MPIK/ University of Washington ).
We also offer master and bachelor theses in molecular and cluster physics with stored ions and ionic processes important in laboratory astrophysics and chemical physics. They are connected to the Cryogenic Storage Ring CSR at MPIK.
Master project at the international accelerator facility FAIR: