PhD student positions
This pages provide the currently offered PhD student positions by the "Stored and Cooled Ions Division".
Who is interested in
- writing a PhD thesis about exciting precision experiments with single stored ions?
- working in a young and international team at Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics?
- having active cooperation with other working groups?
- performing experiments in international collaborations at the European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN/Geneva or at GSI/Darmstadt?
- participating in international summer schools and conferences…?
We are searching doctoral students for the new installed working group "Stored and Cooled Ions". The group is going to develop new and unique trap experiments at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics at Heidelberg. Furthermore experiments are performed in international collaborations at big research facilities like CERN and GSI . The work concerns the ion trap experiments PENTATRAP (MPIK), ISOLTRAP (CERN), SHIPTRAP (GSI) and TRIGATRAP (Mainz) as well as a high precision experiment for the mass difference determination of 3H and 3He (MPIK/ University of Washington ).
In the research field "atomic and molecular quantum dynamics" we offer the following PhD theses: