SMUS2020: Soft Matter meets ultrafast spectroscopy
Online workshop, August 31st - September 1st
We are happy to announce the 1st workshop dedicated to ultrafast dynamics in soft matter that will take place from August 31st to September 1st form 9:00 to 13:00 European time.
This workshop intends to gather international scientists from complementary disciplines with the aim to achieve a deeper understanding of the electronic and nuclear dynamics occurring at an extremely wide temporal and spatial scale in LCs, and more generally in soft matter from both experimental and theoretical point of view, preparing the ground for future joint research activities and establish new synergies.
The program of this workshop will cover current hot topics in research activities of soft matter and liquid crystals, ultrafast spectroscopy techniques from THz spectroscopy to transient absorption and high harmonic generation spectroscopy, together with an overview of the available computational tools to capture such dynamics.
The following speakers have already confirmed their attendance:
- Prof. Miha Ravnik: University of Ljubljana (SL)
- Prof. Marco Mazza: Loughborough University (UK)
- Prof. Herma Kuppen: Radboud University (Nijmegen, NH)
- Prof. Fernando Martin: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (SP)
- Prof. Angel Rubio: Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter (Hamburg, DE)
- Prof. Francesca Calegari: DESY (Hamburg, DE)
- Prof. Paul Kouwer: Radboud University (Nijmegen, NH)
- Prof. Steven Johnson: ETH Zürich (CH)
- Prof. Milutin Kovacev: Leibniz Universität (Hannover, DE)
- Dr. Hanieh Fattahi: Max Planck Institute for Light (Erlangen, DE)
- Dr. Christian Ott: Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics (Heidelberg, DE)
To register please visit the following link (type your email as log-in name): https://mcloud.mpi-hd.mpg.de/index.php/apps/polls/s/1s9y3tcFjsnF4LH8, deadline for registration is August 28th, 2020.
In the second day there are still a couple of slots avaiable for short talks (12+3 min) focused on a single research highlight. If you would like to contribute please write directly an email to Dr. Laura Cattaneo providing a title and a short abstract.
The workshop is co-organized by COST through CA18222 Action funds. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020. More information at https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA18222